Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Quotes... and more quotes...

In savvynsassy they had this BOM challenge to do a LO w/ "Quotes to live by or Words to live by".  I thought it was the perfect opportunity to use this ATB paper (the brown quote) that was sent to me by scrapbook trends magazine w/ their copy of the My Albums book.



This LO... sure follows the paint... bling... but no photos... I guess you can't have it all sometimes!  This LO was created for the TSS DT assignment of the month of June.

TECHINIQUE: After deciding where I wanted my quote (of course this could be a photo) on my LO, I was ready to start painting.  I used some of the Ranger's Dabbers (I used a light pink, the name escapes me right now).  Of course you might think, there is no glitter in that paint... and you are right, that is where the technique of this weeks comes along. 
  1. Using a paintbrush draw some strokes of paint where the picture or quote will be.  Remember you want to paint a "frame" around the quote/photo.  
  2. Working a bit fast (at least w/ the Rangers ink since these dry soooo fast) pour loose glitter on top of the wet paint.    If you use a smaller grain glitter it will have a much better cover than a bigger grain glitter.
  3. Let the paint dry.
  4. Cover w/ a layer of matte finish either spray or paint like.  This will prevent from glitter being all over the place later.

9 comments:

Mrs Pretzel said...

congrats on the new blog!! Looking good!!

kramer_buffy said...

thanks girl!!! I just need to work on the topper.

rajah1116 said...

Sooo glad you have joined our blogging goodness! LOVE that page! Great work!

Minda said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, soon to be stay at home scrappy mom!

kramer_buffy said...

thanks katie, thanks minda!

gab423 said...

Love the new blog!!! Congrats!!!

ChristyR said...

very cool!

Michelle said...

well about time girly for joining the blogging world!!your banner looks great!looking forward to reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

I just Love this LO!

lwithin